It is better to consider hiring a professional Search Engine Optimization consultant to get good rank for your website in the searches. With so many such consultants out there in the industry, you may find it difficult to find a professional SEO. Every SEO consultant job is to increase search engine rankings. But only few can make it professionally according to the changes in search engines ranking methods. Here are some points to consider in choosing an SEO consultant.
- Don’t go for the consultant who promises you with number one ranking. You have every reason to doubt them in this case. As Google say, no one can guarantee a #1 ranking in Google. This is true for all kind of keywords, irrespective of how competitive the keywords are.
- Research on the company. Get recommendation from friends, business partners, etc. It is important to know the credibility of a company.
- Look in forums. There are many decent Web master forums, so if you can find somebody who can recommend you a SEO company right away, consider asking in Web master forums.
- Use company name in the search engines. If the company is a known fraudster, chances are that you will find a lot of information about it on the Web.
- Take a look at theirs clients. Happy customers are the best form of promotion, so feel free to ask your potential SEO Company about sites they have optimized and references from clients.
- Check the PR of that company site. If they can’t optimize their site well enough to get a good PR (over 4-5), they are not worth hiring.
- Ask them what keywords their site ranks for. Similarly to the page rank factor, if they don’t rank well for the keywords of their choice, they are hardly as professional as they are pretending to be.
- Ask if they use automated submissions? If they do, stay away from them.
- Ask from where they collect backlinks from? Backlinks are very, very important for SEO success.