The coverage of auto insurance will be based on your state. This varies across states but most of them are same in every state. They are as follows that you need to consider while buying a car insurance.
This is one of the most important coverage so you need to have at least this liability insurance, because this will cover cost of damages that you caused to the other person or his things with your car.
Physical Damage Coverage
This coverage helps you in covering to physical damages. The comprehensive covers losses or damage from non collision incidences. The collision pays for the damages occurred due to the collision.
Personal Injury-Protection Insurance
This is required in some states. It covers medical costs to the injured person in an accident. It may also cover passengers as well as pedestrians.
If your car is damaged and in servicing due to an accident then this coverage will help you in paying for rental car.
This covers the damages, when the accident caused by the driver who does not have liability insurance.
For under-insured Motorist:
This will pay for damages caused by the person who does not have proper liability insurance.
You could reduce auto insurance rate by doing the following:
Take advantage of discounts offered by the insurance company. Look for the discounts when you are pricing for your insurance needs as following types:
- Invest in anti-theft device
- Purchase home as well as auto insurance with the same insurer.
- Maintain a good driving record.
- Take driver’s education course.
- When buying a car make sure that it is provided with all safety equipment including air bags, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts etc.
- Keep your mileage low, because the less you drive, the less the risk of encountering an accident.