You need alternatives to the free search engines, if you are into a small business operating in a niche market, that are becoming even more competitive and complex. PPC Advertising can be one solution for that.
Advertising on the PPC search engines can be a bit like attending an auction where you can bid for the top ranked positions on the keywords of your choosing. Every time a visitor reaches your website by clicking on your advert at that search engine you pay the value of your bid. Bid values typically start at five cents but can be several dollars for certain highly competitive keywords. Let’s see some advantages that go as follows:
- You no need to pay unless someone clicks on your ad.
- It is inexpensive method of attracting targeted traffic.
- Anyone who outbid the competition can get the top advertising spot.
- Some PPC search engines enable a campaign to be up and away in minutes. Not very long after you could be taking orders.
- Ads can be cancelled immediately if they are not successful.
- Ads can be tested and amended very quickly and very simply.
First and foremost before starting your PPC advertising, you should carry out some research into the keywords that your target customers are using to search for your type of product or service. There are some professionals, who have expertise in this field. You can select from any Online Advertising Agency and make work for your website. Another essential piece of knowledge you require before entering the bidding fray, is the monetary worth of a visitor to your website. This means the average revenue generated by each visitor. This will be your guide to how far you can push it in the bidding process.
If you want to use PPC advertising to test your sales copy on a new site with no visitor knowledge, then monitor your costs versus sales closely. A daily budget is advisable at the outset. Limit your spending to something you can afford to lose if the worst occurs and you don’t make any sales. Raise this as appropriate once you can see the sales conversion rate.