Following are the things that will help you in buying a used car:
- First consider whether your needs are there in that car or not.
- Check whether the price you are paying for that car is worth or not by comparing at different sites and at dealerships.
- If you are buying the car from a dealership, used cars are almost tested and inspected. Sometimes you will have limited warranties.
- Suppose you want to buy from the private parties or car owners, you may face some problems. They hide the problems to get profits. You have, therefore, to take more precautions in buying these cars. In this case, you will not get any warranties.
- Open all the doors and find out that they are properly working or not.
- First check whether the shape of the car is in right. This will give you most of the answers. If it is not a good shape, it might be involved in accidents.
- Check whether there is any scratches or cracks on the car’s body.
- Check the car body parts like windshield wipers, mirrors, lights (cabin lights, hind lights, and reverse lights) and tires are in proper condition are not.
- If any other equipment are there such as audio, air conditioner, check whether they are properly working or not.
- Check whether the tires are properly inflated.
- After checking all the exterior parts of the car, check the interior of the car.
- Check whether the seats including seat belts are properly installed and give comfort when used.
- Clutches and brakes are important. Check, therefore, these transmission components are in good condition or not.
- Check the engine and battery.
- Check for oil leaks.
- Check whether the car is starting smoothly without making undesirable noise or producing any noise.
- Check the functioning of steering.
- Check the history of the car and its past records like payments, services etc,.
Ensure that the car owner is the first owner of the car and ensure that the registration certificate is original. Also, make sure that all the features of car are in good condition.