Spices play an important role in adding taste to different cuisines. Spices are generally considered to add flavor and taste to the food. However, they also include certain medicinal properties. It is one of the other reasons that many people prefer to add specific spices in their food. Here are some spices that provide us certain health benefits.
- Cinnamon, most commonly used spice, is obtained from the bark. It consists of a compound called eugenol that relieves pain. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and blood thinning properties. It improves blood circulation. It also lowers the blood sugar, triglycerides, and cholesterol.
- Turmeric is generally used to give deep yellow color. It is rich in antioxidants. It contains a compound called curcumin that inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Ginger is the essential element used in Indian and Asian cooking. Certain antioxidants present in ginger help in protecting against diseases. It is used as a digestive regulating herb. It helps to alleviate the symptoms linked with nausea, motion sickness and indigestion.
- Cardamom, a member of ginger family, is used in curries, vegetables, and desserts. Aromatic seeds of cardamom contain an oil which stimulates digestion and relieve flatulence.
- Cumin seeds are used in different recipes. It contains Iron and Manganese and helps in digestion and bloating.
- Cloves are the other spices which are used in cooking. They contain anti-inflammatory compounds that reduces the pain associated with arthritis. Cloves also help in reducing congestion and stimulate digestion.
- Oregano also contains medicinal properties. It is known for its anti-oxidant activity and hence can be used for treating various disorders.
Purchasing these spices online can be much beneficial. You can also purchase wholesale spices in bulk and save more money.