When you are looking to have a container garden of your own, it is of utmost importance that you plan it properly so that you can make the best use of the space that you have in your hand. Container gardening is extremely popular these days as they can actually help you to have a stunningly beautiful garden area even when you have limited space. Moreover, it also makes it much more convenient for those who are new to gardening to obtain the best results. Even if a plant is affected by disease and fungi, you can simply replace it with a new plant and that can resolve the matter. Here are some guidelines on choosing the plants that are deemed most suitable for your container gardening purposes.
Firstly, it is important to note that there are really no strict or steadfast rules when it comes to designing your container garden. All you need to do is follow the specific growing and caring requirements that are different for each and every plant. However, the guidelines that are mentioned here have more to deal with the aesthetic element of your gardening area. When you choose your garden plants wisely, it can actually provide you with great levels of flexibility in terms of beautifying your garden area. You should always see gardening as a form of art and this can help you to enhance its artistic value.
Create Balance And Contrast
You must try to create balance and contrast in the main gardening space.
- The plants you opt for must be sized according to the pots. The pots, in turn, must also be sized according to the site.
- You can play the simple-looking plants in beautiful and ornate pots and then use the simple pots to grow the flamboyant plants.
- Make sure that the plants are less than twice the pot’s height; they should not be more than one and a half times the width of the pot.
- You can have only one plant on every pot or choose to combine a tall plant with a trailing plant and a filler plant in a single pot.
- In many cases, it is better to have just a single type of plant in every container. A lot of plants look awesome when they are left on their own. It is also a good idea to have several pots placed together in a group.
Choose Colors That Are Right For The Gardening Space
The color of the plants makes a very important consideration when you are thinking of getting plants for your container gardening area.
- Have a well-planned approach when it comes to choosing colors and color plants for your gardening project.
- Go for contrasting colors to add more dynamism and vibrancy to the area.
- If you are interested to preserve tranquility and harmony of colors, you may choose to stick to a single color with multiple shades, such as purple, lavender and lilac.
- You can also utilize the foliage of the plants for color.