Online video is considered as one of the main constituents that transformed the traditional media into new media. It is a high speed and very powerful social media tool, which businesses use to implement as part of their Internet marketing and social media strategies.
The three basic types of videos that businesses use are viral videos, conversion videos, and educational videos.
- Viral video: Viral video is different from other types of video, as it is located outside of a business website. Viral video is used for distribution (marketing) and promotion purposes. The business’s intention is to embed viral video in several different sites in order to reach as much audience as possible.
- Educational video: Educational video is mainly used to educate audience and it is presented on a business website. This video also helps in establishing trust and thought-leadership. Visitors, who would like to know more about the business or its services view educational video.
- Conversion video: Conversion video is placed on the home page and it is mainly used for engaging site visitors. This video makes engaged visitors to concentrate more time on websites, which in turn provides more favorable circumstances to make money. Video is considered as a great tool for enhancing stickiness to a site and as a proven medium for building up engagement with customers.
Various methods of using videos exist for product or service demonstrations. It enables the audience more likely to buy products, to show the profile of workers, as it is a good method to establish trust with customers to show special events. It makes customers to be informed to create video posts in a site or a weblog as readers prefer this format. These are just a few of several methods which a small business can take advantage of video as a technique to promote business and helps customers to extract the information they are searching for.
Benefits of Online videos to business:
- Many customers prefer to play an effective video to get information rather than reading a sales copy.
- Video makes business more compatible to online customers.
- A short online video shares more information than a piece of writing. Often, video content is simple to generate rather than copy writing.
- Video initiates new destinations for business online through video sharing sites.
- Online video helps to have more personal communication between a business and its audience. The combination of visual effects and sounds makes an impressive way of capturing a customer or an audience’s attention.
- Online videos help in increasing brand recognition. Videos can be used to represent and show the operations of a product, to introduce a business, for online seminars and conferences or for advertisements in a very effective way to gain brand recognition.
There are several ways to market a business, but marketing a business online using videos is considered as an effective way to make a product widely known to its target customers. Videos are not only a source of information and entertainment, but also became a new channel for marketing products.