What makes tooth decay?
Tooth Decay is a damage occurred to the teeth when bacteria enters the mouth and make acids that make holes called cavities in teeth. This is a major problem that most of the kids are facing today. This problem must be treated properly to avoid pains and effects caused by tooth decay.
Symptoms of tooth decay
- Spots on the teeth in brown, gray and black color which are called as cavities
- Bad smell from the mouth
- Severe pain and swelling in the gums of the teeth when you bite down
Reasons for tooth decay
- Tooth decay is the common problem faced by many children after the cold. Bacterial infections, acids leads to plaque which sticks on your teeth and the edges of the teeth which leads to tooth decay.
- If plaque is not removed from the mouth in the early stages it turns in to tartar which again leads to periodontics and gingivitis. These are caused after eating the food.
- Plaque contains the acid which damages the enamel which cover the teeth and cause cavities.
- Taking the carbohydrates increase the chances of tooth decay.
- It is mostly seen in the children and leads to teeth loss.
- Low fluoride intake may cause tooth decay.
- People with dry mouth are also affected by tooth decay.
- Who don’t have a proper and dental care.
Solutions to prevent tooth decay
- There are several treatments available to prevent tooth decay.
- At first the person affected with tooth decay must consult a doctor who gives him a proper treatment like crowns and filling, fluoride treatment, tooth extraction and root canal treatment.
- Having nutritious and balanced diet.
- Drinking water containing the fluoride.
- Ask your dentist for dental sealants that act as a protective coating for teeth.
- Have the sufficient amount of fluoride supplements and less amount of carbohydrates.
- Rinse your mouth with fluoride water.
- Brush your teeth after having the meals which may effect your teeth.
- Studies say that chewing gum is having the sweetener xylitol, which temporarily prevents the growth of bacteria in mouth.
These solutions may help you out to have a proper care of your teeth and makes you to stay away from the common teeth diseases like tooth ache, tooth decay and cavities. So, follow this for your good looking and bright teeth for a long time.